Wednesday, March 20, 2013

"Delirium" - Book Review

 
Synopsis:
They say that the cure for Love will make me happy and safe forever.

And I've always believed them.

Until now.

Now everything has changed.

Now, I'd rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than live a hundred years smothered by a lie.

Lena looks forward to receiving the government-mandated cure that prevents the delirium of love and leads to a safe, predictable, and happy life, until ninety-five days before her eighteenth birthday and her treatment, when she falls in love.

 
My Review:
 
I really enjoyed this book. Delirium is a breath of fresh air in the dystopian genre. The concept is so original and unique I was hooked from the moment I read the synopsis on the back of the cover.
While I was reading this book I myself began falling for someone and couldn't help but think "I'm showing signs of amor deliria nervosa."
It was such a wonderful book, the characters were real, even the zombie-like cured ones. Alex and Gracie would have to be my favorite characters in this book, they just captured my heart right from the start. The entire idea of a world without love is just so unfathomable, I could never imagine a world without it. Where parents wouldn't love their children, and people wouldn't  love their pets or friends or significant others. I'm really excited to read Pandemonium after that blood-pumping cliffhanger. I don't want to say too much about this book in order to not spoil anything for future readers. All I will say is that if you haven't read Delirium yet, what are you waiting for?




HAPPY READING EVERYONE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...