Friday, May 25, 2012

"Perfect Chemistry" - Book Review




Synopsis:

When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created 'perfect' life is about to unravel before her eyes. She's forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for: her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect.

Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.

In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.




Every time I went to the bookstore Perfect Chemistry would be sitting there on a shelf beckoning me to pick it up to read it. A lot of people recommended it to me and told me that it was really great and that Alejandro (Alex) Fuentes was a really hot character that you couldn't resist falling in love with. So, the next time I had gone to the bookstore I took a leap of faith and I am certainly not disappointed. Perfect Chemistry was a wonderful love story, although a bit cliche at parts (but I'm a total sucker for cheesy, sappy romance) it had a lot of emotion and passion in it.
The dual first-person narration style was really great because we got to see both sides of the story from the unique perspectives of both Brittany and Alex. It felt like we were always one step ahead of the game with a secret with one character that the other didn't know about and that was really exciting. Brittany was a really believable character and I liked how she cared so much about her sister and although she put on a performance for everyone else she didn't like not being able to be herself. Alex, oh where do I begin with muy caliente Alex? He definitely won me over, maybe it's because I always root for the underdog but it might also have to do with the fact that even though he wasn't walking a straight line he still always had his family and Brittany as his number one priorities.
I loved the chemistry between Alex and Brittany, those romances that start out with the characters biting at each other's throats and then starting to fall for one another when their passioned hatred turns to unconditional love are definitely my favorite type of love stories.
Simone Elkeles definitely has a wonderful writing style, I really loved how she put Spanish into almost every other sentence, especially when  it came to Alex's perspective. I really liked Paco, he made me laugh and reminded me of someone I used to know, but I COULD NOT STAND Colin!



Oh goodness, the whole time I read any scenes with Colin in it I just wished Alex or anybody would sock him. From the beginning of the novel I just knew what kind of guy Colin was and just knew what was coming. One thing is for sure, after reading Perfect Chemistry I am DEFINITELY going to continue reading the series. Thank you to anyone that recommended the Fuentes Brothers series, you rock! So, are you guys suckers for bad boy characters too? ;) I also heard this book was going to be made into a movie? Or is that just cruel gossip to get our hopes up? :(





HAPPY READING EVERYONE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...