Thursday, April 25, 2013

Book Buying and Borrowing Ban

Hey everyone!

So as many of you may already well know I have a problem. A book buying and borrowing problem. I have over twenty-something unread books sitting on my bookshelves collecting age. It bugs me whenever I look at them and think to myself 'I remember when I bought those books last year (or the year before) thinking I couldn't live without reading those books, and yet they've sat there for over 365 days still unread.'
Every time I go to the library I keep borrowing books and it's only adding to the problem, yes I don't spend money on new books but I'm not exactly making any progress with the unread books either. So when I had to return books to the library last week I dropped them off when the library was closed in order to avoid the temptation to get more books.


As soon as you walk into my library the first thing you see next to the return desk is the YA section just glittering and it draws you in like bears to honey. I have two more library books to read and then I hope not to borrow any books or buy any new books until I've read at least 10 of the unread books sitting on my shelves. So far I haven't bought any books for a little over a month! I'm kind of proud of myself for that because I would generally buy about three or four books a month regardless of how big my 'to-be-read' pile was.

With that being said, below I'll be listing ten books that have been at the top of my 'to-be-read' list that I want to read before borrowing or buying any other books. (In no particular order)


                                                

Between the Lines by Jodi Piccoult
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare





Lullaby (Watersong, #2) by Amanda Hocking
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi


  

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Cloaked by Alex Flinn



The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter


Chime by Franny Billingsley
Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter


I cannot wait to read these books, some of which have been on my 'to-be-read' list for over a year and some of them even longer! I hope to succeed with this book buying and borrowing ban, and read all of the books above. Comment below and tell us about your book buying and borrowing habits, and what you do to prevent from 'hoarding' books you end up not reading until years later.




HAPPY READING EVERYONE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...