Friday, April 5, 2013

Fabulous Finds Friday

Hey everyone!


So if you're like me and lose things all the time, buying new bookmarks to replace lost ones would be out of the question because it would end up adding up to a fortune in the long run. Book stores tend to have the cutest bookmarks from characters of book to movie adaptations to little inspirational quotes. Over the years I have bought and been given bookmarks from friends and family only to sadly misplace them or accidentally leave them in a book I borrowed from the library. This week I actually opened up a book I got from the library and there was one of those cool moving bookmarks in there where the picture moves when you turn it. It just so happened to be of my favorite animal; an elephant rubbing its bum against a tree. I think I moved the bookmark for almost half an hour just laughing.

What is the point of this post? You're wondering. Well, I'm here to tell you all hope is not lost. For those of you who lose your bookmarks all the time or are just really into DIY projects I wanted to share with you some really cool make-it-yourself bookmark ideas that you could gather inspiration from to make some for yourself and friends.


 
A really simple yet super cute bookmark idea would be to cut strips of card stock and stamp them with cute little designs. Then you can just punch a hole at the top if you'd like and string a ribbon through there.
 
 
 
You could also print out pictures of book spines on card stock or a thick paper and then punch a hole at the top and string a ribbon or string through.
 
 
 
I think these are just too cute I might just make one myself. Check out the tutorial for how to make these adorable bookmarks here.
 
 
 
This DIY bookmark would be super easy and fun to make. Just stop by your local home improvement or paint store and get some paint color cards. If you'd like you can punch designs in it like the hearts above and punch a hole at the top and string ribbon through it.
 
 
I hope you guys were inspired by some of these ideas and will make really cool bookmarks of your own. I personally like to draw bookmarks on cut strips of card stock and then laminate them using just plain old packing tape to protect the ink from bleeding. Comment below and let me know what your favorite bookmark you've ever had was and if you too have a problem with losing them.
 
 
 
HAPPY READING EVERYONE! :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...