Friday, April 12, 2013

Fabulous Finds Friday

Hey everyone!


Many people have yet to discover a well-kept secret of their local libraries. Over the years everything seems to have gone digital; music, movies, books, games, etc. a lot of people began to read ebooks. I've read only a couple of ebooks because I personally prefer real books. That's a topic for another day, and also seems to get people into an arguing frenzy over what makes a book a book.
However, ebooks do have their benefits. You can carry around twenty ebooks with you on a phone, ereader, laptop, ipod, or other technological device and it weighs hardly anything. Libraries have hopped on the bandwagon of ebook lending yet not very many people know about it.

(Yes this is real)

As a college student I love the library because I can read books I dearly want to read without having to blow all of my money away. So, this post is for those of you who like to read ebooks, are a poor college student, don't have time to visit the actual library, or are sick in bed at this very moment (much like I am today) and are browsing the Internet for something to do.
Upon searching the Internet for an international public library I stumbled upon Bookyards an online public library. Anyone can borrow books and read them online, which I think is a wonderful idea. The selection, however, isn't varied but if you're looking for a particular book check out your local library to see if they have ebooks for borrowing.



HAPPY READING EVERYONE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...