Tuesday, April 2, 2013

"Eighth Grade Bites" - Book Review

 
Synopsis:
Junior high really sucks for thirteen-year-old Vladimir Tod. Bullies harass him, the principal is dogging him, and the girl he likes prefers his best friend. Oh, and Vlad has a secret: his mother was human, but his father was a vampire. With no idea of the extent of his powers, Vlad struggles daily with his blood cravings and his enlarged fangs. When a substitute teacher begins to question him a little too closely, Vlad worries that his cover is about to be blown. But then he faces a much bigger problem: he's being hunted by a vampire killer.
 
 
My Review:
 
My youngest sister had the entire Vladimir Chronicles series on her shelf just sitting there so I decided that I'd give the first book a shot. Eighth Grade Bites was a really cute book. I think it may have been intended for a younger audience since the writing at times seems very simple.
Vlad is a really like-able character, and since I'm always rooting for the underdog, he was no exception. Even though he's a middle schooler I didn't get bored while reading the book, in fact in kind of took me back to the days of eighth grade. It may leave you nostalgic.
Eighth Grade Bites is a really cute book, and if you're looking for a light read or a book for your vampire-loving kid, niece, cousin, next door neighbor then I'd really recommend this book. I think I want to sink my fangs into the next book in the series Ninth Grade Slays to see what happens to sweet little Vlad.
 
 
HAPPY READING EVERYONE! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...